General guidelines for the preparation and review of abstracts
- Abstracts should contain novel scientific results. Clinical case reports are usually not suitable for presentation at the ADF.
- When submitting the abstract (deadline) the data off the study should not have been published yet.
- Abstracts previously submitted to the annual meeting of the ESDR or SID are usually accepted by the ADF as a poster presentation only. Abstracts previously submit to non-dermatologic meetings or regional dermatologic congresses are in principle suitable for an oral presentation at the annual ADF meeting.
- The abstract has to be written in English. The talk should preferentially be given in English. Posters have to be prepared in English.
- The online-abstract-submission functions in an interactive fashion and all relevant information has to be included. The overall character count of the abstract should not exceed 4.000 characters including authors and institution. Space characters are also counted. We ask you to not to use Greek symbols.
- Please do not recite any authors or institutions in the text field “Abstract”. Please enter all authors in the provided appropriate fields, otherwise they will not be listed in the index of authors. Please assign to each author at least one of the institutions.
- NEW: Additional to your presentation as poster or oral talk at the ADF Meeting, your abstract can be also presented at one of the Working Group meetings prior to the conference. If you wish so, please choose suitable Working Groups. The chance of an oral presentation at the main conference is not influenced by this double submission.
All abstracts will be reviewed by one of the two review-boards and by the board of the ADF. For a better comparison of the individual reviews a distinct-scoring-system will be applied. The votes by the review-board will decide about the acceptance of the abstract as well as the selection as talk.